Sunday, July 5, 2009

Moe's Southwest Grille

After months -- no YEARS -- of my brother's goading us to try Moe's Southwest Grille (a national chain, you probably know), we finally stopped by the Fargo location this afternoon for lunch.

The food, it was good. Perhaps my brother hyped it up a bit TOO much, but I didn't think it was outstanding. The husband concurs.

The problem is not that Moe's is not great. The problem is that we have a non-national chain Mexican fast food (ish) restaurant here in Fargo. It is called Juano's. Juano's is fantastic. The portions are huge. The prices are reasonable. Everything is delicious and tastes authentic. And there are five locations around Fargo-Moorhead, so it's much more convenient to go there.

We had a nice time at Moe's. It was Sunday, and on Sundays kids eat FREE with an adult purchase. This was a good deal for us. Our 15-month-old didn't know what to do with her burrito (Moo Moo Mr. Cow), so she poked it a few times and dubbed it inedible. She feasted on the oatmeal raisin cookie and enjoyed her milk on the way home. (The burrito came home with us -- oh yeah.)

The husband tried a Joey Bag of Donuts burrito, and I brought home most of my Billy Barou nachos -- enough for lunch tomorrow and then some. I had desperately wanted to order the Art Vandelay, but I felt an intense meat craving that overtook my desire to order a vegetarian dish named after a Seinfeld joke.

At any rate, Moe's is not in a convenient location to stop by often.

I think instead we will go to Juano's.

Now I must educate my brother about the wonder that is Juano's. I plan to do so...relentlessly.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm...... i think i will try Juanos next time i'm through there!!!

    ReplyDelete